It’s Prince George’s first birthday today and within a year he has already become better than all of us. Bow down.
adults: “what are your plans for the summer?” “what are you planning on studying in college?” “what do you want to do in the future?”
i miss having a working internet connection
when someone associates you with a character you really really love it’s like the best feeling in the world everyone go home
17 July 1918 - 2014
Each year on this day, we remember the Imperial Family for who they were to each other; loving and dedicated parents, selfless daughters and a playful son who was destined to change the future of Russia. Rest In Peace:
Their Imperial Majesties Tsar Nicholas II & Tsarina Alexandra Feodorovna
Their Imperial Highnesses, Grand Duchesses Olga, Tatiana, Maria and Anastasia
and His Imperial Highness Tsarevich Alexei Nikolaevich.
And we will never forget the sacrifice that was made by the four loyal members of their staff: Dr. Eugene Botkin, Anna Demidova, Ivan Kharitinov and Alexei Trupp.
"Though thou shalt exalt thyself as the eagle, and thou set thy nest among the stars, thence I will bring thee down, saith the Lord." Obadiah 1:4, words read by the Empress Alexandra to her daughters in the Ipatiev house on the day of their death.
you dont just play the sims. you go on a sims binge for three days straight then put the game down for 5 months
1. Date a boy who makes you happy, but marry him only if he makes you laugh deep-belly rumbles that hurt your ribs as they expand outwards. Date him when he sees that you’re hurting and he gives you a moment to feel that pain like a handprint spreading across your consciousness, marry him only if he can make you smile even while you’re gross sobbing. The world is not a kind place. You will feel a lot of pain. Make sure you are with someone who makes it all bearable. Humor is an excellent gauge of intelligence. Life gets boring. Find someone who makes the banal interesting.
2. Make sure he has scars on the back of his hands, it’s a good sign he has experience either fighting or making things - creation is an act of selflessness and bruised knuckles are a good sign he knows how to defend himself. You’ve got too much soul to be handled by someone who has never been passionate. If he’s never thrown a punch, let him at least have tasted the insanity of bringing an idea into existence. Rough palms are better than soft ones, they have been salted by this earth and made into leather. Callouses are evidence he has lived, that he has broken skin and been in pain over and over and over again and still came back to the source of it. People rub against each other. Don’t marry him if he can’t handle even a little blister.
3. Before you say yes, get him angry. See him scared, see him wanting, see him sick. Stress changes a person. Find out if he drinks and if he does, get him drunk - you’ll learn more about his sober thoughts. Discover his addictions. See if he puts you in front of them. You can’t change people, baby girl. If they are made one way, it doesn’t just wear off. If you hate how he acts when he’s out of it now, you’re going to hate it much worse eight years down the road. You might love him to bits but it doesn’t change that some people just don’t fit.
4. Trust your instincts. If he ever makes you feel unsafe, don’t make excuses, just get up and leave. That’s all there is to it. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
5. If he puts money before you, he’ll keep pushing you to the bottom of the pile until you become his last priority. It’s one thing if he can’t afford what you want, it’s another if he has the cash but won’t spring for a box of chicken mcnuggets. Money and love are arch enemies. 62% of divorces occur due to economic strain. Make sure keeping you is more important than his 401k.
6. How a man treats animals is a good indicator of how he treats children. If you see him raise a hand to a dog, pack your things into a little black bag. Animals at their worst are only half as annoying as a toddler on their best behaviour. Your kids will be beautiful, but they will also misbehave. Same goes for waiters and hotel maids - if he’s rude to those who are working for minimum wage, it says a lot about how he sees himself. Patience is rare and so important. If he’s not forgiving to a dog, he’s not good for your kids.
7. If he isn’t in awe of you, he doesn’t deserve you. You are my little girl and you were born perfect. If he can’t see that, it’s his loss. There is someone who thinks your flaws power his heart. Be strong. If he asks you to change, be like like rock of your birthstone, do not waver. You are wondrous just the way that you are."